Hillandale Golf Course, with its ideal location in Durham, North Carolina, is easily one of the most popular public golf course layouts in the entire Durham/Research Triangle area. The golf course boasts:
- Open to the public
- Par-71, 6,339-yard layout
- Beautifully-manicured champion bermuda grass greens
- Well-sculpted Bermuda grass fairways
- Nine of the holes bring water into play
- Several well-placed doglegs
- Fun and challenging for golfer’s of all ability levels
Originally opened in 1911, Hillandale relocated to its current spot in 1961, and was redesigned by George Cobb, after the original 18 holes were built by the legendary Donald Ross and Perry Maxwell.
With an average of 45,000 rounds being played each year, and a total of nearly 1.7 million rounds since 1960, Hillandale Golf Course offers challenges for golfers of all ability levels. Featuring four distinct teeing areas, the track can stretch anywhere from 4,954 yards to the 6,339-yard distance from the back tees.
Open to the public, and featuring the nationally-acclaimed Hillandale Golf Shop, one visit to the Hillandale Golf Course and you will know why golfers in the Durham/Research Triangle Park, North Carolina area have been coming back for generations to test their golf games on this time-tested public golf course.
- View our Green Fees
- Join our Honors Program for discounted green fees
- View the golf course layout
- Junior Golf Program
- Host your group’s Golf Outing at Hillandale
- Raleigh-Durham, NC Golfers! – Practice your golf swing at our driving range